I've Lost My Hippopotamus
copies bought in the last week
Some of the animals in this book are real. They include:
- the hippopotamus (she's missing)
- the elephant (he's artistically talented)
- the octopus (it's great at multitasking).
Others may not be quite so real. These include:
- the wiguana (very hairy, for a lizard)
- the halibutterfly (there's something fishy about it)
- the gludu (quite clingy).
In the tradition of Jack Prelutsky's classic poetry collections The New Kid on the Block, It's Raining Pigs & Noodles, and A Pizza the Size of the Sun, here is a book packed with more than 100 funny poems and silly pictures. Most of the poems are about animals-some are big and some are small, some have unusual interests, and some are just plain unusual.